Young Parents & Families Project
The T-natal project helps to improve the health and wellbeing of pregnant young women, young parents, and their babies by providing early education, information, and support throughout their pregnancy and into parenthood.
Our antenatal sessions will provide information to young women in pregnancy so that they gain the knowledge and confidence to make informed decisions and give them the skills to prepare them for parenthood.
We deliver the sessions as and when necessary either in a small group or on a one-to-one basis.
Information is given on:
- Good maternal health
- Bonding with baby before birth
- Preparing for baby’s arrival
- Preparing for labour and birth
- Practical skills around feeding, changing & bathing etc.
- Roles and responsibilities of parenting
Our focus is to provide client-led support to young parents under the age of 21, with things like:
- Achieving good maternal health in pregnancy and after baby is born
- Preparing for baby arriving and for labour and birth
- Basic care of baby and breastfeeding
- Parenting roles and responsibilities
- Healthy relationships & positive friendships
- Applying for benefits and housing
- Accessing groups and activities
- Returning to education, starting college, and accessing childcare while you learn
- Volunteering opportunities and gaining skills for employment
- Becoming ready for work
Thursdays 2.00pm – 4pm at KHL
A weekly group for pregnant and new, young parents and their babies.
In this group, you will…
- Meet other young parents around your own age
- Share your own experiences, tips and ideas
- Be a part of a lovely group and make some new friends
- Receive information and support is always available
For further information or to make a referral/self-referral, please contact:
Young Parents & Families Health & Wellbeing Project Coordinator
01535 677177 / 07920432428